Monday, October 19, 2009

First

I wonder What do other people write to kick-start their blog?
a "Hello! my name is yada yada yada. I'm a yada yada yada" intro?
But I don't want to start that way. One, because I think it's boring. And two.. I think I better keep number two to myself.
Look! I just got my first paragraph written down already! I guess that's how I start mine =D


Moving on...
Since it's my first blog post, I guess listing down my "Firsts" would be a pretty fun thing to do. Well, at least I think so =D


Let's see.. What do I have?



I am a firstborn and I have 3 younger brothers. They are each two, ten and thirteen years apart from me. There are times I wish I have at least one sister. But as I grow older and wiser (or so I'd like to think), I look at it from a brighter end of the tunnel: I don't have to worry about people comparing us and me being jealous of her and she being jealous of me. That in itself takes a lot of unnecessary drama, because I think I never run short of it. The downside though, I have noone to share my wardrobe with. I could have double the clothes I have at the moment without having to spend double, because the other half will be on her. How awesome is that?!


My first school is named "Bhinneka Tunggal Ika". Most (except for Indonesians) might not know how to read it to begin with. The phrase is old Javanese. Translated to English it literally means "(Although) in pieces, yet one" a.k.a "Unity in Diversity". Bhinneka Tunggal Ika is the official national motto of my country, Republic of Indonesia - an archipelago comprises of 17,508 islands with an estimated population of 237 million people (it's the fourth most populous country in the world!!) composed of many different racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Now you see why we have that as a motto. I would also like to set the record straight: Indonesia is NOT India, nor is Indonesia in Bali. Bali IS in Indonesia.


The first, and sadly the last time, I was first in class was in the first grade.

I had my first crush in kindergarten. I hope I'm not getting any judgment on that. It's the first time I get to socialize with people that are of opposite gender other than my own dad and brother. I was just trying to figure out the world.

The first song I danced to publicly was by a group called Trio Kwek Kwek titled "Rame-Rame". Fellow Indonesians of my generation will almost certainly know them and their songs. Trio Kwek Kwek was to the Indonesian kids like Backstreet Boys, or other crazy famous bands, was to the teens. They actually made me want to dress like them. Click here if you have no clue and would like to know.
As a side note, "kwek kwek" is how Indonesians describe the sound a duck make - an equivalent of "quack quack" to the English-speaking population of the world.


The first time I managed to ride a bicycle on my own without the two little helping wheels was when I was 6 years old.
The first pet I have was a puppy and I named him (or her? I'm not sure. I was too excited to even wonder about it) Lassie. Perhaps it'd be safer if I just refer to it as "it". I got "it" around the same time when I first managed to bike. I named it "Lassie" because I liked the famous female rough collie named "Lassie" from that famous TV series. Too bad Lassie didn't get to live long enough to see the wonderful teenage years. It died from something I'm unsure of. I remember I asked a cousin to take care of it while I'm away for a little while. She has a dog, so I figured that she'll do just fine. Surprise! I was wrong. When I came to pick it up after I returned, they say it's passed away. I was... sad. Gone are the days when I used to ride my bike to a nearby park with Lassie every evening. I haven't get a new puppy pet since then.

I guess that's all for now. Need to get back to papers and study.
IF there is anyone out there reading this blog, and have suggestions on other "firsts" I should put up, send it in. I'll post them up as I see fit.

If you haven't figure it out yet, I'm an Indonesian. A proud one =]

LMP

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Ma cherie's first blog post! :D

    I've been waiting to comment since the past 2 days.

    Ok, first of all: Awesome blog name (little miss petite speaks), awesome background picture choices, & last but not the least: awesome FIRST post! :)

    Anw, noww.. Get back to study! Midterm is comingg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very well written and the above comment summed it all up. Oh, and verrry nice choice of songs *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete