Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Postcards and Secrets

For my birthday last December, a dear friend of mine gave me a copy of PostSecret: A Lifetime of Secrets, one of the books from the PostSecret series. I've known about this project for about 3 years now and have been meaning to get the books since I first laid eyes on the pages of the first PostSecret book, but I don't know why I didn't.

I have finished reading the book this morning and as I read through it, I took pictures of the ones that I like. I like them for various different reasons: some because I could relate to them, some because they voice my own, some for their encouragement, some for their honesty, etc.
I was actually planning to share them on my Twitter, but when I finished reading I ended up with tons of them. I'll flood everyone's Twitter page and it might get annoying to many. So here they are, on my blog.
I am currently working on some other blog post, but it will take some time to finish. So, not wanting to have a big gap in between posts, I think this makes a good intermezzo. Don't you think so? =)

Oh! and please excuse me for the quality of the pictures, I took them with my cellphone's camera. But don't worry, you'll still be able to read what's written on them because I'll write them out for you =)

I loved her then. I was six. She threw my most valueball stuff out the window (I still love her.) and now I'm ten.

I'm an atheist but I write notes to God on my math homework just in case
(Note on homework: God please give me strength and help me to forgive her)

I adopted your daughters and I want you to know they're growing up to be terrific young women. Thank you, all three of you, for the greatest gift of all.

You tried to find the key to my heart. I was scared, so I left you for someone who I knew would never look for it. I guess it will stay locked up forever.

I'm afraid to grow up because sometimes it seems like things will never feel this beautiful again.




It's such a thrill to get an anonymous secret sent to you, don't you think? Anybody want to send one to me? **grins**


L.M.P

1 comment:

  1. LOL.yes it is.i love to swap postcards either.but never try to send sum secret.wanna swap sum? LOL.
    anw,saw ur blog accidentally.nice blog! :)

    where do u come from?

    ReplyDelete