Sunday, November 15, 2009

Paper Cups

It's amazing how little things have that not-so-little ability to make one's day. On that one particular day, to me, that little thing was paper cups.

I used to be great at bowling, but I lost that Midas touch now that I play it much much much less than I used to. Consequently, whenever I go for bowling games, the perfectionist me will get all nervous for anticipating that not-so-good feeling when my less-than-100 score would evidently proves the fact that I suck at it now haha =D Usually I would just sit in nervousness, watching other players doing their strikes and spares. When my turn comes, I would get up reluctantly, putting a ton of pressure on myself with the expectation that I should AT LEAST do a spare. And when that don't happen, I'll go back to my seat with a face that's gloomier than before.

That night, however, I found myself a distraction
- paper cups. Instead of sitting and focusing on the game, I was focusing on these cups. And this is what I did to them:




Exactly! I drew on them! o(=^ +++++ ^=)o

If you ask me, I'd tell you that I am simply the worst at drawing. But on that night, with a pencil and a paper cup, I created my first (and most probably the last) masterpiece of mine - a cute drawing of myself which, in my personal opinion, does resemble me a lot =p

Out of excitement, I took a bunch of pictures of the cup just so I could preserve that glorious little thing. Imagine an excited five-year-old with a paper cup in hand, going round and round the table looking for that perfect spot to put the cup down. That's exactly how I must have looked like.

As if the pictures are not enough, I have to take the cup home and put it next to the dancing figurine I have on my book shelves

I even drew on my friend's cup! But it didn't turn out as good as I expected it to be - although that doesn't make me any less proud of it =p


So that's about me and the cups that made my day. Told ya I'm easily amused =D

L.M.P

6 comments:

  1. Hey! A new post in less than a week! Judging by your previous posts and how they are quite distant apart, I was afraid that I had to wait for another two weeks before I can see another writing of yours.

    By the way I love the drawing but I gotta go now, I'll drop a few lines later! =)

    CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll continue on where I left off this morning. Good post as usual. Different than the previous ones in a sense that this one is much much lighter to read=)

    One thing though, I don't think a 5-year-old would care so much about such thing as a perfect spot for a cup. LOL

    all in all, keep it up!

    CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei, nice cute blog you have here. I just stumbled on this in your facebook. Not sure if you still remember me :D
    I like checking people's blog because that's where they pour out their heart and things that can only be expressed by words. I used to write my own, but getting less and less motivated :p Good job though, you might just awaken my writing spirit unknowingly :)

    Very well said and written, and entertaining. Keep it up! GBU

    benniardi h.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Troy: Thank you! :) I'm flattered by the fact that you came back twice to comment on my post. I'll try my best to keep the gap between posts short, whenever time permits. CHEERS :)

    @Benni: Hi Ben! Yes, I do remember you :) Thank you for the kind words. Do continue writing! Gimme your blog address so I can check it out too. GBU :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello missy, I found it is lovely that you're easily amused by the simplest things in life. People of this kind are rare nowadays, especially because today we live in a more-than-ever-complicated-and-materialistic world. Although I don't know you well, I'd say it is one of the most awesome attributes you have! Keep writing! I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best gift is the ability to share it. Missy, that little cup might seems junk to other; but it contain stories within it.

    Some stories when shared they will make others smile.

    Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ps... you draw better than me...

    ReplyDelete